Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Number 24-Birthday Canvas Blog!


 May 5th -2015
The weekly Art and Culture Blog
                    of newly 31 year old Miles Frode

Last week on the way to pick mushrooms in the mountains
Lookie' what we saw…AS IT WAS HAPPENING!
I love picking mushrooms not just because of what you get... the things themselves
or because its fun..but and because it requires a different skill set and attention
and usually (like this last time) it's hard to loosen up and trust you'll find some
and thus somehow prove 'it was meant to be'
but just as i was entertaining the idea and maybe more feelings of defeat…
thats when the grace happens/d i said a little prayer and kind of 'let go'
saying something like "I'm here…and your here…and i can help both of us"
                               Above a few Morels from the adventure
                                      in their environment


Since i Busted our camera:(
(Anyone know someone who fixes Digital Sony Cameras?)
                        I'm sharing a "FLASHBACK" of sorts

I moved to Ashland Oregon in 2009 and
soon after got established in the local art community.

I was granted an Emerging Artist Grant of sorts
It ended up being a free studio in the basement of The Ashland Art Center
I was there for a little over a Year.
Near the end i was working to have a totally different themed ArtShow each month
for the First Friday Art-walks.

These 2 pictures below were from one of my last shows.

I called it a 'Trash Show'
where every piece was made on/from
                                  recycled materials.

    The piece in the middle
      was my first real 'Installation Piece'
attaching the sculptural elements enclosed in a smaller 'Frame' box on the floor
to elements emerging from the ceiling:)

Oh…those were the days..

I REALLY NEED TO HAVE A STOREFRONT or STUDIO AGAIN!



Thanks to Cass and her Unyielding Support
                  I celebrated "My Birthday" last weekend
                   with a handful of close friends from the area
with a 'Birthday Collab Canvas" and some food and beer.

                      Jupiter Moon aka Jove upon Arrival:)
                      (I love my Friends!)
 I started the canvas (which was actually a very fine weave linen)
horizontally on my table partially under the shade.
       Jupiters arm viable…(A rarity as Jove prefers to paint solo)

   Heres when we 'set er' up' to peep' from a distance.
    Below is Gabby and Joey D. dancing together with our companionSHIP (of sorts)
             …...and after :) 

so this is the stage where it was left by all 7 collaborators.
-Paul Harmon
-Dorothy Baker
-Joey Dalcin
-Michael Reinert
-Chris Reinert
-Cassandra Cornwell
-Jupiter Moon

and myself..which i guess makes 8 total.
 As i think i mentioned earlier..
  i think i busted the camera (Barely Tapped it on a plastic table)
   so i don't have a great picture of where the B-Day collab is now

but i have this nighttime flash included picture i took that night after i worked my after the show magic..
that we had been jokingly calling "Fixing it"



So….thanks for dropping in and tuning up the Art today!

the 5th of "MAY the Muse be With You" and
     if you haven't used a dictionary in awhile…
   i recommend checking out these 2 words:)

-Quixotic

-Jamais Vu

Thanks for giving a few to to me and my Muse
Miles

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding the mushrooms; yum! I'm impressed with your collaboration project; I like how it turned out! Happy After B'Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy:) I'm not sure its 'done' as of yet but thats part of what i love bout' this weekly blog format. I share the pieces in their progress.
      Im exited to hang out sometime and id LOVE to see some more of you'r work,of which I'm a big fan!

      Delete