Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Risking Good for great, at least once!









Miles Frode's
26th Weekly Art blog


This Painting is hanging right now in a Brainerd Minnesota Juried Art show, thanks to my dear friend Andrew Turner, The collector who submitted the piece.


-'Indian painting' is one of my first Large Paintings, From almost a dozen years ago.


Most of my first actual paintings were with Spray paint, acrylic, oil pastel and often permanent marker.


As for most of my first paintings…this one is unsigned.

I used to feel my work should speak for itself…whereas now I've evolved how i feel.



 "Self-fully filled PROOF-i-See's"
graphite and india ink 2011'ish


I am exited about this blog…the idea's wings are being built as we fall off the cliff together...
though my physical situation is the worst its been in over a year i am, as always, reassured by my awareness of miracles that show themselves by coinciding densely…thunder roars as my randomly selected radio song seams to narrate me as another magnification of overlap, now as the artist painting under awning adding shading to the clouds….And I SEE MIRACLES HERE!

I have learned to receive my pats on the back from a god who's muses spin round my head like cartoon birdies on newly dizzied protagonists…and though the world's agreed upon reality is heavily centered in the "PHYSICAL'S" ven diagramed areas I have learned to lean heavily into these winds of change where Walking off cliffs to build wings on our respective ways down makes more sense than outwardly critiquing as to feel the ability to clip at wings


I had been planning to launch my GOFUNDME for my Studio album
by my last B-Day April 29th…I am basically done and ready to christen this and let'er launch!..
but i need to share and talk with someone about my final stage and ideas…
so thank you for being patient.

And please enjoy the pieces i share
 in more Audio directions in hopes of giving you an idea 
of what i make and write and think and ultimately believe and feel.

Click the link to be transported to a BRAND NEW UNRELEASED COLLABORATION 
on My (Words'illa's) Soundcloud website where i've been starting to share what music and poetry I've
                                                                           made and been collaborating on.

https://soundcloud.com/wordzilla/freewriting-5


Since I've been "rolling with the ponchos!" (aka no Camera)
i have been searching out what to share from the tens of thousands of
photos and scans of work i've already been able to catalog and i found some
NON-EXISTANT pieces…A painted over mural on the Main street in Ashland, some painted over stages and Throw away pieces….And some flavor from my 'Trash Show' form the Ashland Art Center
a handful of years ago.

Here…not here…stationary…Moving

These questions feel apt to me not just because I LOVE TO THINK but because i as an artist am enthralled by the process…For me ART IS A VERB..NOT A NOUN!

(though i know we leave traces as paintings and songs as long as the internal acids of a life lived will let  them run rampant in our minds)

I am a believer..that you cannot Truly Capture Art…
Only the remembrance of Trying.

Art's infinite mirror…
rippling to show the surface for those who's need is such and
totally disappearing for those who dare to wait/wade into the defining silences
we are given the opportunities to tempt.

These words…. These pictures and ideas are painting the portraits in through your eyes of me
and they have the opportunity to fill in areas outside the lines of what we already know.


I have had to throw away art over the years…
being able to let go of work becomes part of the Art 

These 2 particular pieces i had to chuck cause of improper storage techniques
                                                     These pieces were from 9 and 7 years ago.

The mural i Collaboratively painted 3-4 years ago for 'Yogurt on the Rox' 
that was painted over at now business 'Star Sushi' in Ashland.
With Rachel Rose



 Painted 'Frame' spots to rotate in art .





The 4 below were painted over and /or cut and painted over
I love to look back at the photos of the stages leading up to 
a finished piece…Especially when Risking Good for great at least once!

-Below was a collab/gift 
      for a scorned ex who painted over the piece.


These piece below were part of my Trash Sow and subsequent
Conceptual Art project/idea where i throw away art i'd shown in my gallery space and watch if and who takes things, and i figured the apex would be what happens with the Trash Workers.




I did see a few specific pieces disappeared before the trash guys came and took it all.

And i leave you today with a vertical piece on masonite that i gave over to
the process/play of Ashland Abundance Swap in 2012.

Thank you for checking out the blog
and bless you infinitely if you feel like sharing back about
content you may be interested in, commissions and murals…
(though if you want a mural it will take at least a month and it will be ambidextrous:)




Much love, and may the muse be with you!

Quixotically your's
         Miles

                           until next week.
 Hasta la pasta and as my muse Cass would say "Keep it Velvet"
                                           and/or make it Solariums!

No comments:

Post a Comment