Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Wind Lung! 23rd Weekly Art Blog

Miles Frode 
The Weekly Art's Blog

April Tuesday the 21st
to today (My Grandpa's Birthday:)
   April 28th 

 Words'illa, from the classic Wordzilla
Another Name Miles Frode The Artist Goes by…


also i have gone by The Vagabond Wordsmith and my
dads brother, "Uncle John" once unknowingly gave me my first Emcee name
or Moniker having slipped me one
of his classic notes with numbers and words…
                  I remember asking him …"what this meant?…"
           pointing to 'WindLung' typed onto this money'd payment gift
           he was sharing….and i can still hear him
saying…"Just a lill' something special"… and than winked followed by his
one and a billion mannerism finger roll off exitement.

Heres a photo of me this year doing my Words'illa thing

(artshow behind is also my art)

                      So for the heavy part of this last week I've been
immersed in cataloging my WHOLE ART COLLECTION
         (I was planning to finish by my 31st b-day, tomorrow. 4-29)
                  and helping my mom finish up the VOGUE PATTERNS article
we've been collaborating on for more than 4 months.

             It's slated for a fall issue.
       I will keep you posted:D


So heres a few pieces on matt board and cardboard
i was blessed to acquire for a 'homeless' guy named Tom
who had a Japanese character tattooed with blue ink over his third eye,
Whom i met when i was vagabonding in cali a little more than 4 years ago
 as he was setting up his work in window ledges of a closed coffee shop downtown Santa Cruz.

 The above piece he said he was trying to paint sound.


I love to collect contemporary artists work so much!


Heres a few gouache and ink pieces
from a sketchbook i took to Taos when
i was a guest teacher at a Design Outside the Lines retreat last year.





 Above- My 1936 Singer Sewing Machine
 The above character has shoes inspired by how my Uncle John would draw:)

so theres a smattering of one of my many sketchbooks
i will also be counting in my cataloging.


Just counted and cataloged this piece today


     The above piece
is rare for me…
in the sense that i painted 'from' a black and white photo
that i took in the santa cruz mountains.

2006'ish
oil pastel on navy colored mat board

$250 +shipping and handling





above is a visual sampling of
one of my sketchbook collab trades

This one is with Ray Swaney
over the span of the last 3 years.

        What do you as a Viewer/ Reader want to see more of?

    Are you one of my Fashionistas hoping for more of my fine art Fabrics?

Or are you wanting to see more of my block prints with runs still open?
…or More of my Hip hop?

      Poetry?


PLease comment and help me stay in
the orbit of your interest:)

Thank you as always
Miles

May The Muse Be With You!

4 comments:

  1. I really really love the painting with the golden and blue glowing forest. It speaks to what you see and feel if you are blessed to be present in the forest in the midst of that luminous light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jenniffer Jensen:)
      it was out in "Corralittos" if you know your Watsonville/Aptos:)
      Maybe i will share a few more soon from that series:)

      Delete
  2. Yes. I went to UC Santa Cruz so spent a bit of time there in my late teens. What is the size of this one? Is it sold framed or unframed? I see a Tryptic with this theme. I'd like to get something from you at some point. I'm starting to take classes with your mom. Her art is beyond amazing. Will be a the the next DOL. Let me know if you do anymore of this theme. thanks Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and...Here is my art. islandnuvo.com

    ReplyDelete