Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Working with it, and its Mark'itecture

Welcome to my Art, 
                                                   and its involvement with me over the last week…
and how i relate to it and share and describe it.
    Above-4 24"x36" pieces being worked on (that didn't get hung)
            for this last sunday's "Dancing People Company's Second Sunday Sketches"
                  Where i had a ten minute Poetry Set
and also rotated the art show for a 3rd month in the space.
Thanks Rob Head and everyone supporting The Art's in Ashland, and everywhere!

 
   If you follow my blog regularly you've probably noticed by now some painting's starting on one blog and evolving, than finishing over another one.
I love the PROCESS of art..
not just the product…

The Noun..
Art is a Verb also…yes..To Art!

I actually have learned to avoid thinking about the thing itself while working with it and its mark'itecture, thats part of what makes it difficult to make what from the outside often look like such daring decisions and unflinching choices.

Below is the way "Kintsukuroi in play" looks  now
24"x24"acrylic, oil pastel, latex, india ink, paint pen
                                $1,100+ shipping and handling

in it's finished state hanging at the Dancing People Company
on Oak St. in Ashland

man..its been 21 weeks posting each tuesday
about what art and music and poetry I've been working on
over the last week..

and there was that one time i posted the next morning…
on a wednesday..
Im not proud of that...

but the Art needs what it needs!
speaking of which..
my mom gave me a Big stretcher bar..
like 4'x6ftish…
and once i had a little time with it i stretched it and gessoed it..
(I had to..it was calling me…with Allusions of unplanned work)

so on this last Friday..
April 10th
I gessoed and painted this
painting.

(The Orange and yellow'ish colors are to supplement the use of gesso and add to the vibe of the piece)

                               I didn't know which direction the piece was to stand or lay yet.
                                This piece was painted ambidextrously.
                            Thank you to Cassandra, The Muse for the photos:)
                     (the below picture is the most true to color photo,
                                       as i painted into the night the night before finishing)


 Above 4 cotton column's are examples from my mom Diane Ericon's Design Outside The Lines class i co taught on "Text and Lettering"
The Far Left Linen piece
Marroon'ish Discharged fabric I've been working on.
(i think its linen)


All three of these black discharged pieces are Canvas.

#1 the big one with Irons is 75$+shipping and handling

#2 …im kinda in love with this one..$100

#3  the small one is $25 OR FREE with the purchase of $100 or more from Miles.
Applies to Paintings and Surface design fabrics, and music or poetry.



as we draw…
to a close today with my sharing of last week'ness

I finish off with another painting I started 2 days ago
above 2 photos are how i started this one with slight addition of tone and colour.


                   This is one of those pieces where my appreciation and adventure into saying more with less
                     has me not only wanting to, but NEEDING to stop and sit with "Her" awhile.

Thank you for sapping off my cerebral cyphonings…for
sipping off my celestial somethings and samplings surrendered.

Remember Inspiration means to BREATHE IN!
See you next tuesday..

This week..think of who you know you might know who might enjoy my blog..
and let me know:)

I'd love to share with more people
Thank you as always,
           Miles
"May the Muse Be With You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment