Tuesday, March 31, 2015

BLOGden nash..Miles' 19th ART BLOG!


Emcee, Lifetime Poet and 3rd Generation Artist Miles Frode's Weekly Art blog
                                                                                                  March 31'st 2015

My Mor-Mar (in swedish..Mothers Mother) in front of some of her Artwork.
                          Lois Ericson


                            Me, My Grandma and my Mom, Diane Ericson
                            at one of my First shows in Ashland,When it was still Grilla Bites.

A hand build piece thats been evolving since i posted it Tuesday March 3rd, Blog 15.

Over the weekend i "primed" these 2 canvas mostly with Gesso and supplemented with other Acrylic.
I love to start like this as it often gives a subtle under vibe to the piece.                                                (The above piece also was primed with a little bit of a light yellow)


         
          If you notice the Above photo of the "Brown'ish" one
         I have not only allowed my Limited selection of materials (paint in this case)
        to affect/dictate much of the beginning color scheme, but i have invited my limitations of space to select the structure itself…..
   (In regard to the sectioning off where the length of my work surface is 2/3 as long as the fabric)
     

       As i was doing the first of the 2.
       (The Pink'ish one) i started to feel an affinity for Rothko
       and how expansive his mood-iful colorscapes are.

 
                                                   I am really exited about this one.
                                            The finishing touches conversation is already in session
                                            Bouncing around my Minds Eye.

For Sale a Large piece of soft-raw canvas I painted end of last week
$111+shipping n' handeling
interested parties please leave a comment of email me

-AMENDMENT-I sold this fabric the day i post it, Tuesday.


                                         It all started with this above design/pattern.


     I used Jaquard's Dynaflow, Tee-Juice Pens and Neo-Paque.
http://www.jacquardproducts.com

I am going to be CO-teaching with My Mom Diane Ericson
           a Text-Lettering Surface Design Class on April the 4th.
           (..also I will be bringing my Personal stash of Painted Fabrics for sale)

…and Were working on the finishing pieces for the up and coming Vogue Patterns Article!

My friend Peter Van Fleet invited me to be part of yet another ARTSHOW.
I will have 2 cubist 3-D assemblage/painting/portraits at THE STUDIO's 3rd Friday show in Medford
   on April the 17th.


and to finish the flavor of the week,
we have some of the word work i was playing with:)

Enjoy!
and until next week
       May the Muse Be With You!

Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment