Tuesday, February 24, 2015

BLOGasaurus Rex!

Miles Frode's 14th Weekly Art Blog
Tuesday 17th-
 today Tuesday 24th February 2015


                                                                                      I WON!

Me accepting one of 3 Jurors Choice Awards on Friday the 20th
At the Rogue Valley Galleries Biennial in Medford Oregon.

All Three of the pieces i had juried in were selected to show. 

                    Above is an abidexterouse mixed media piece who's title is a haiku.
Above is one of my first Gouache pieces.

These next handful of sketches and watercolors are non-dominant handed 
                                                 pieces "I had to make"over this last week.



It's a difficult stage to be in, as i have for the last 4 years or so working with
consistently increasing pain when using my arms to the point where i basically can't use them.

Normally if i can wait…and work to not work..the pain subsides within a week
i've never pushed it this far… nausea is normal all the time for me.. but the random sharp stabbing pain's in my left foot, specific toes is oddly new and kind of scary.  


I often say i'm an art addict…
thats not really even putting it lightly.

             
              I have most likely made more artwork (for sure paintings) in the last 5 years than
over the span of the rest of my life…i have drawings from 20 years ago
and i started painting in the last dozen years or so.

When i am in pain or sad or hurt or angry or exited:) I want to..no I need to paint!
I am Inspired when I  remember I am happening with everything else!
It's my Therapy, My Happy Place… and that can be a debilitating cycle…

OW! I need to paint
     OW!!! it hurts to paint!


I exercise my "need" to create and make marks by bending as to not break…
The Black outline marks in this above Piece i did completely with my feet
signature and date.

I apologize for the briefness of our visit this week…
if you remember, or you are getting the info about my debilitation for the first time
I hope those marks can also play a part in the marks you'r mind makes when fleshing out who I am to you….Remember... we make sense of everything as we make everything from our senses.


I go by The Vagabond Wordsmith, and Now Words'illa!
so if your in the Area, Ashland Oregon

Come peep my Heady-Hop!
(end of my set's gonna be a freestyle with My Homie Mixmastr!)

"May the Muse Be With You!"
Miles Frode


4 comments: