Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Blogness Monster!

Blogness Monster!

Miles
               #46
Tuesday the 15th
March 2016
 Just started this piece end of this last weekend….
inspired by David Bates and my friendsPeter VanFleet and Jupiter Moon…cutting and moving
dancing and shifting..but not just around…left and right…but UP AND DOWN!

BELOW-ART PROGRESSION!




BELOW- the final piece


MY STENCILS ARE ALIVE!!!!
and will FROM NOW ON be available through my mom's Diane Ericson's store

http://www.dianeericson.com/store/

STAY TUNED, a handful of new ones in the works…what stencil will be next!?




2LEFT PICTURES-Try your painting in the frame backwards….you may find a fairly boring wood frame to be a great lipless shadowbox type frame!

(I will sand, clean up, maybe stain then glue my piece into the frame backwards) ….I like it that way….and sometimes if the frames really cheap or weird with writing on the back i like to have that all visible as an edgy touch.




BELOW-I had started this piece with the intent to cut up into strips and rearrange…
but…well these lines now are part of the piece and not to guide the sharp metal teeth.
BELOW- a few pieces of Art Mails en route to the post office box. 
 Below-A hand painted box containing one of my hand painted Canvas Totes about to get sent out last week! thanks Leslie Gelber:) Enjoy!!!!
Anyone who's ever started the adventure of a commission with me, knows that i LOVE to "stoke" you!

aka…give you lots of EXTRA goodies and cool mailing boxes/art mails!





 BELOW- The Muse (Cass) and I had to stop by, First Friday Abby's show on Main Street!
Also we were lucky to acquire a few pieces for our collections:)
Thank you so much Abby! you and yer art rock!



 BELOW-and above..i had more than a few friend/visitors:)…Cute Dog
and my Good Friend Daniel and new Kiddo:)
              Blessings and Thanks to All Those cool Cats at Ruby's and Gil's!
                          Great Food, Drinks and company!



BELOW-the stages of my Gray and Gold edged piece i started at Ruby's Neighborhood Restaurant LIVE painting on First Friday, March in Ashland.


 BELOW-an example of rolling with the punches,
staying loose and letting the muse lead…
            I used the foam core pieces as shapes to paint around and as they dried my
awareness of them sticking started me down the path of their possible permanence…

as i sat with the ABOVE "finished piece"
i fell in love with the way it looks WITH the foam core still attached.


BELOW-Peter VanFleet inspired piece i've been evolving.
Thanks to Doyle Cornwell for the use of his saw for a few of these pieces.

BELOW3- A few more pieces of my cutting and re-pieceing
from the last 2 weeks, using foam core and matt board.


 BELOW- a piece of cut ups, but with Wood slices or my art


BELOW-last 2 are a few pieces i started since the week before last…
I'm at that stage where their not done, but i still need to sit with them

Bright yellow one i had intended to cut into various width strips and frame randomly…
I guess i need to cut them before i paint them…cause i fall in love easily..in other words..no cut dis one



Thanks for clicking in and dropping out... or dropping by and zoning out or in.


As always...
May The Muse Be With You!

Miles

1 comment: