Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Blogaliciouseness #44

 Welcome to my 44th Art Blog
My Name's Miles.

Tuesday 16th 2016

Below-"pimping out" the shadowbox style frame of a piece i have been working on over the last 3-4 years and it just came out of the other side of being something i didn't like, and couldn't see what to do with..and now that it has been fermenting I saw it with fresh eyes, made just a very few marks  (Lips and a closed eye) now it's becoming one of my favorites!
Lesson #1-Let it ferment a bit…sit with it..live with it..turn it around and hang it on the wall or lean it against the washer in the bathroom, even let it get recirculated into the other positions…like behind the door, or against the spice rack, behind a steps tool.  Look at it…and don't.


 Below- The 18x24" Demo piece i di at my most recent Rogue Valley Gallery Studio Spirits Class in Medford on the 11th of this month.
 Below-another DEMO piece 8x10" that i started and passed off to Cassandra Cornwell, aka The Muse
to work a bit before passing back to me for a few last marks.
Below-2 most recent GREAT art mail pieces from my main art mailer, Hilary Davidson 

Below- when people get to visit our abode, most ask where i paint?
These next few photos are for those of you who like to see an artists workspace.
(PS. i LOVE more space, a view and to use my easel…but..this is what i got for now)


 Below-Another bunch of pieces i started just to have more pieces eventually at a good stage to tempt great and then…and then…and then:) magick!
Below- 2/7/2016 
My AWESOME new friends/Art Patrons Tony and Petra had me and the muse over for a SPECTACULAR home made meal, and they were courteous enough to share their balcony and inspiring view of Ashland and comfortable space for me to paint for 5+hours Thanks again:) 




 Below-just about where the piece is for now.
 Below-Detail from above ashland piece
Below- another spread from the Journal i submitted last week to Stampington and Company's Fine Art Journaling Magazine!       I told you i would keep you posted, well they have it, and i got back my self addressed postcard saying as much. We should hear back within the next month or 2. 

I'd like to extend more than a few thank you's to those of you
who either  know what i do, and have come back for a fresh view or
could it be true…a turned over leaf possibly uncovered, anew?

either way…until next time
                       i bid you adieu.

Quixotically yours
Miles Frode

2 comments:

  1. love the picture of all the early stage, pre-paintings! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete