Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Commission Finished!

Today's Art Blog is the Third (pretty sure)

Just got My copy of my dad Chas Frode's new Book"A Dream of India & Other Mystic Stories of Radiance and Darkness" available online
http://www.charlesfrodeauthor.com/catalog/item/8934807/10120038.htm
(he used some of my older hip-hop for his slideshow:)
Check it out!

Having shown you last Tuesday some art stages of the 8- 2'x3' canvas i had been working on
toward the commission i received from a friend end of last month-begining of this month.

She was able to come over a few days ago and check out the stages i'd been feeling
were close or needing some input.

She showed me her favorites,
gauging how she talked about the piece
and seeing some of the next steps in my minds eye now
i felt i was ready to work with the finishing touches.

 here are a few up close sections of the finished commission.

 The more we paint or talk or cook or do most personal things the more we recognize more and more of out accent, our characters, themes and Intonations. …   Basically the things that make our work "ours".
An older Artist told me once, finding "your" marks and style is one of the most important things for an artist…you wouldn't want to "Make it".. only to look back and see you've done it with someone else's idea or style you strove to learn.   Don't TEACH art before you let kids get a few shots at seeing if they already know it:)

 My favorite type of art is "Outsider Art" or "Naive Art"- Art from people who are outside the Art establishment…Often Child artists and people with developmental disabilities.

The Passion of marks and the zeal and zest of how they are applied are just a few of the things I LOVE about outsider art…In the above section of my commission i've shown i'm hoping to show some of those types of marks playing in the clouds of this tropical scene.



The lighting SUCKS! for this photo.
I am not the best at conveying the color truth..
but this is a painting to see in person with some nice indirect sunlight:)

I am also continuing to evolve the other 7 paintings i'd shown in the beginning stages
on previous blogs…so stay tuned in Tuesdays to see them progress:)

-here is a new stage of one of the other 7..just a Teaser:)


Also though i am still waiting on my Envelope order…
I have printed up a few hundred Fine Art greeting cards at kinkos
and have made more than 25-30 Hand Painted Greeting Cards…

Please comment or email if you are interested in some Art Cards for the holidays.
sets of cards from 10$-$50 including Originals.

I'd love to figure out with you what type of cards and how many you'd like for the holidays:)


Well,
Thanks for tuning in!
see ya next Tuesday
May The Muse Be With You!"

Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment